SIAA (SAIA, formerly known as SAI Global or SAI Freight Services) is a business process outsourcing company and freight logistics service provider for USA and Canada. SIAA provides transportation management services such as ocean and air freight forwarding, freight consolidation, warehousing and distribution, cargo insurance, and more. SIAA’s customers operate in a range of logistics-related sectors including manufacturing, retail, technology companies, and consumer goods companies.
SIAA LTL Freight Tracking:[greeting]
SIAA freight tracking is the method used to check where a shipment is at any moment in time. It has been around for quite some time now and is a very effective tool for tracking the movement of your shipment. Saia is a large privately-owned less-than-truckload carrier in the United States. It was founded in 1910 in Memphis, Tennessee, and operates throughout North America.
A freight shipment containing parts for the new SpaceShipTwo suborbital commercial spacecraft bound for Virgin Galactic’s assembly facility in California was handled by Saia Freight.
The company uses over 3,000 tractors and 5,500 trailers and employs more than 7,800 drivers. Saia has 39 terminals across North America and offers scheduled service to all 50 states as well as the U.S territories of Puerto Rico and Guam.
How to track the shipment with SAIA Freight tracking?
400;”>Tracking a shipment with SIAA can be done in one or all of the following 3 ways:
- Enter the Shipment Number on the SAIA website.
- Call SAIA Customer Service to obtain information about your shipment.
- Call your SAIA Freight Forwarder.
What is the format for shipment tracking with SAIA?
- A tracking number follows the format of “XXXXXXX-YYY.”
- There are 10 digits total which can be used to track a shipment through SIAA Freight Tracking.
- The first 4-digits are the Company Prefix, which is assigned by SAIA.
- The last 6-digits is the unique shipment number assigned by the company that sent the shipment.
- To track a shipment with SIAA, you will need to use either your Company Prefix and Shipment Number or your SAIA Freight Forwarder Name and Shipment Number.
Benefits of SAIA Freight tracking:
- Saia Freight enables cost-effective shipping solutions by offering access to their less-than-truckload, truckload, and intermodal services. Other key advantages of utilizing Saia’s freight tracking include:
- Transit time is an important factor for businesses shipping throughout the country. Saia Freight provides transit times on all orders shipped via their network, eliminating guesswork and enabling accurate planning for deliveries.
- The company’s pickup and delivery options are flexible to meet the requirements of any business. They provide same-day pick up for urgent shipments, scheduled pickups for regular deliveries at a specified time, or on-demand service when you need it.
- One thing that sets Saia Freight apart from its competitors is its ‘mystery shipper’ service. This is where they ship your freight using their own trailer, with their own driver, and without the need for any prior booking. Saia’s tracking can be used to keep a check on both in-transit and final delivery progress.
- Saia Freight offers real-time shipment status updates via email or text alerts to keep customers updated with their delivery status. Saia’s freight tracking software also sends billing and documentation updates after every pickup and at the time of final delivery.
- Saia Freight enables cost-effective shipping solutions by offering access to their less-than-truckload, truckload, and intermodal services.